Property Manager, Rosemont
Private real estate investment firm headquartered in Rosemont, IL seeks a Property Manager to join our team in our Rosemont office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners: Since 2010 we have acquired over $4 billion in industrial real estate. Our current portfolio spans 30 states and encompasses 45 million square feet with 10 offices nationwide and our organization demonstrates a proven track record as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and vision for the future.
The Property Manager is responsible for the overall operation and financial success of assigned properties in the Chicago industrial market in accordance with company policies, procedures, and standards, ensuring that service delivery meets company performance and quality standards.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all customers and vendors. Be proactive and responsive to customer’s needs and requests.
- Responsible for the property revenues and expenses and use sound financial measures to ensure that the budget and financial goals are met.
- Ensure customers are current in receivables and lease responsibilities;
- Perform and/or monitor collections and coordinate default proceedings;
- Contact vendors and coordinate the completion of work when maintenance requests are received;
- Assist in the creation and implementation of operating and capital budgets.
- Establish and administer estimated/actual recoveries.
- Coordinate operating expense reconciliations with the accounting department; must be knowledgeable of lease provisions.
- Coordinate real estate tax review process for properties; communicate tax issues to senior management.
- Coordinate insurance requirements for properties and associated vendor/supplies.
- Coordinate AP/AR invoicing process for portfolio.
- Support Managing Principal in achieving occupancy goals by offering superior customer service and relationship management to achieve high tenant retention levels by ensuring vacancies/marketable spaces are up to Brennan Investment Group standards.
- Investigate all complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve the issues.
- Ensure compliance with property management policies and procedures, codes, regulations and governmental agency directives. Maintain compliance by ensuring all property records are maintained in accordance with all legal requirements and Company policies and/or practices.
- Coordinate environmental programs for assigned properties.
- Coordinate the annual Customer Survey for assigned properties.
- Coordinate the lease administration process by ensuring timely updates of any lease changes for assigned properties.
- Coordinate customer move-ins and move-outs process for assigned properties in a timely and coordinated manner including the preparation of commencement letters, orienting new customers to property management office staff, services and procedures, meeting and coordinating with vendors, arranging for building access, and ensuring compliance with insurance requirements.
- Follow established Company and legal requirements related to the default proceedings and eviction process.
- Conduct routine site inspections to ensure that the physical aspects of the properties meet established standards regarding the grounds, curb appeal, risk management/safety requirements (OSHA), cleanliness, and general appearance, and implement corrective measures as necessary.
- Solicit bids from contractors for work performed and award contracts after securing required approvals. Oversee contractors, vendors, and other service providers including proper documentation and monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- In conjunction with other departments, plan, schedule, and coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, and capital improvement projects.
- Bid, award and oversee customer improvements and building improvements.
- Act as a liaison between customer and construction management and participate in punch list walk-through and follow-up; coordinate finish selections.
- Partner with other departments to resolve property management issues.
- Provide direction and leadership to a team of 1-3 employees (maintenance technicians, administrative personnel). Develop and motivate staff to achieve goals and objectives. Ensure employees are provided necessary training and direction to achieve designated objectives.
- Assimilate and analyze information pertaining to market and economic conditions.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
- 3+ years property management experience preferred.
- CPM or RPA designation; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Must have work experience industrial/commercial real estate, including supervisory background and very high customer service skills.
- Must be able to consistently maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide superior internal and external customer service; strong diplomacy and crisis diffusion skills.
- Must be able to multi-task; prioritize and work with minimal supervision, have strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills to ensure all established deadlines are met.
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication skills. Skilled in the use of the internet, spreadsheets, relational databases, and word processing software. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good mathematical and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of property management accounting software.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to multiple properties.
- As business dictates, able to work extended/flexible hours (e.g., nights/weekends/on-call).
- MRI software experience preferred
- Membership/activity in one or more professional real estate-based organizations preferred (BOMA, IREM, etc.).
Property Administrator, Rosemont
Private real estate investment firm headquartered in Rosemont, IL seeks a Property Administrator to join our team in our Rosemont office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners: Since 2010 we have acquired over $4 billion in industrial real estate. Our current portfolio spans 30 states and encompasses 45 million square feet with 10 offices nationwide and our organization demonstrates a proven track record as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and vision for the future.
Under the general supervision of the Midwest Region’s Managing Principal (MP) and day-to-day direction of the Property Managers, the Property Administrator (PA) will collaborate with the operations, accounting and leasing teams to help manage a portfolio of assets located in the Midwest Region. The PA will be responsive to customer, investor, and lender needs while completing multiple administrative tasks daily. The position will be fast-paced, requiring the PA to handle time-sensitive and/or confidential issues.
- Upon lease execution, enter new lease terms in MRI. Complete a move-in checklist, prepare welcome books with the property manager, and assist with customer onboarding.
- Coordinate annual customer surveys by assisting in the preparation of the survey, delivery of surveys to customers, follow-up on customers’ completion of the survey, and tracking/disseminating results.
- Arrange for utility transfers upon acquisition and/or disposition of an asset; also, arrange for transfers upon customer move out or move in.
- Contact existing customers and vendors to obtain current insurance coverage, any on-going required maintenance contracts, and emergency contact lists.
- Assist property managers in inputting estimated monthly operating expenses into MRI.
- Assemble accounts receivable reports, general ledgers, rent rolls, and aging reports for property managers’ review.
- Review expense coding prior to property managers’ approval. Review vendor monthly statements and request outstanding invoices for processing.
- Assist property managers and maintenance technicians with coordination of customer repair requests.
- Assist with customer relation activities (email blasts, events, gifts, surveys, etc.).
- Complete expense reports for property managers in Avid and collaborate with the Accounting department for processing and approval.
- Assist property managers with vendor contract preparation and manage/organize the completed documents.
- Collaborate with property managers to process lender funding packages for capital projects, tenant improvements, commissions, etc.
- Collaborate with operations team on property tax appeal documentation and other administrative tasks related to property tax appeals.
- Assist property managers on CAM reconciliations, annual budgets, billing adjustments, and any other necessary schedules.
- All other administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Requires three years’ experience in Administration or related field and/or training.
- Ability to carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Execute responsibilities with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Ability to collaborate with operations, accounting and leasing team members to complete various projects and assignments.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to communicate via email with customers, vendors, and internal team members.
- Ability to use computer software and web-based applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks daily with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Good record keeping of property improvement projects to assist property manager in scheduling and payment processing.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Positive, proactive work ethic and approach.
- College degree preferred.
- Property administrative and/or property management experience preferred.
- Experience with lender draws preferred.
- Experience with Avid and/or MRI preferred.
Senior Property Accountant, Rosemont
Private real estate investment firm headquartered in Rosemont, IL seeks a Senior Property Accountant to join our expanding team in our Rosemont, IL office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners: Since 2010 we have acquired over $4 billion in industrial real estate. Our current portfolio spans 30 states and encompasses 45 million square feet with 10 offices nationwide and our organization demonstrates a proven track record as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and vision for the future.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages for external distribution to investors and joint venture partners
- Complete month end property accounting close including:
- Recording necessary journal entries to ensure accurate financial results
- Updating monthly workpaper supporting each balance sheet account
- Calculating and recording of all accruals
- Reviewing income statement activity
- Preparing depreciation/amortization schedules
- Provide support to development accounting team: prepare and maintain all construction cost reports, lender and equity draw requests, associated documents and schedules, and entering construction and development accounts payable invoices
- Review bank reconciliations prepared by Accounts Receivable team to ensure proper balance sheet reporting and provide support for tenant receivables issues
- Support Accounts Payable team on an exception basis to provide clarity on invoice, coding, timing, etc.
- Coordinate with Operations team to ensure accurate preparation of Executive Summary and variance report
- Review rent roll information, tenant charges and receivables ensuring proper recording of revenue against tenant leases and leases abstracts
- Prepare annual escalation and settlement reconciliations for CAM, RET and any other applicable charges and support Operations with tenant review
- Support property acquisition and disposition process through recording of opening and closing entries and creating related MRI entities and GL accounts
- Support yearly tax preparation process
- Assist with annual budget process including:
- Tracking of budget tasks being completed by various departments
- Reviewing revenue, TI and LC against leasing assumptions for reasonableness
- Inputting various line items including debt service, depreciation/ amortization
- Completing cash flow analysis
- Support annual audits (where applicable)
- Meet all accounting deadlines
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience/education
- 5+ years of previous property accounting experience
- Prior real estate experience required
- CPA a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptionally strong qualitative and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter and have a strong desire to learn
- Prior employment history that demonstrates resourcefulness and the ability to produce accurate work in a detailed, timely and organized manner
- Highly proficient in Microsoft based software
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to work efficiently and independently
- Experience with accounting systems required. Experience with MRI highly desirable.