Senior Vice President, Carolinas Region
Privately-held industrial real estate investment firm headquartered in Rosemont, IL seeks an entrepreneurial-minded professional to identify and execute real estate investment opportunities in our business region spanning the North Carolina and South Carolina markets. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners: In both 2017 and 2018 the firm executed over $1B in transactions. This regional Senior Vice President will lead the “value-add” investment strategy for the Carolinas region of the firm, which achieves outstanding risk-adjusted returns through acquiring, developing and operating industrial properties on a national platform. The firm’s portfolio spans about 30 states and encompasses over 40 million square feet.
The Senior Vice President is responsible for sourcing, underwriting, and closing new acquisition and development opportunities to increase the firm’s overall portfolio. S/he will have access to the firm’s multiple capital methods for acquisitions and developments. The SVP will also have full property and asset management responsibility for properties acquired in the Carolinas region. Compensation includes equity, management fees, and deal fee participation in sourced transactions. The SVP will work closely with the firm’s Chief Investment Officer but will have full access to the firm’s operational organization including underwriting, analysis, legal, and marketing support.
- Acquire and/or develop industrial real estate property in North Carolina and South Carolina
- Analyze, structure, and evaluate potential transactions and build a deal pipeline
- Conduct market research and utilize industry network to develop new leads on investment opportunities
- Assume full property and asset management responsibility for properties acquired in NC and SC
- Minimum of ten years’ demonstrable business development experience in the industrial real estate sector
- Insider’s knowledge of the NC and SC markets
- Strong connections within the industrial brokerage communities spanning NC and SC
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability to close deals effectively and successfully
- Financial modeling skills (with proficiency in Argus, Excel) a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel
Property Manager, Indianapolis
Private real estate investment firm, headquartered in Rosemont, IL, seeks a full-time Property Manager to join our team in our Indianapolis, IN office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners: In both 2017 and 2018 we executed over $1.1B in transactions. Our current portfolio spans 28 states and exceeds 40 million square feet and our organization, with 10 offices nationwide, demonstrates a proven track record as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and vision for the future.
The Property Manager is responsible for the overall operation and financial success of assigned properties in the Indianapolis region in accordance with company policies, procedures, and standards, ensuring that service delivery meets company performance and quality standards.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all customers and vendors. Be proactive and responsive to customer’s needs and requests.
- Responsible for the property revenues and expenses and use sound financial measures to ensure that the budget and financial goals are met.
- Ensure customers are current in receivables and lease responsibilities;
- Perform and/or monitor collections and coordinate default proceedings;
- Contact vendors and coordinate the completion of work when maintenance requests are received;
- Assist in the creation and implementation of operating and capital budgets.
- Establish and administer estimated/actual recoveries.
- Coordinate operating expense reconciliations with the accounting department; must be knowledgeable of lease provisions.
- Coordinate real estate tax review process for properties; communicate tax issues to senior management.
- Coordinate insurance requirements for properties and associated vendor/supplies.
- Coordinate AP/AR invoicing process for portfolio.
- Support Regional Managing Principal in achieving occupancy goals by offering superior customer service and relationship management to achieve high tenant retention levels by ensuring vacancies/marketable spaces are up to Brennan Investment Group standards.
- Investigate all complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve the issues.
- Ensure compliance with property management policies and procedures, codes, regulations and governmental agency directives. Maintain compliance by ensuring all property records are maintained in accordance with all legal requirements and Company policies and/or practices.
- Coordinate environmental programs for assigned properties.
- Coordinate the annual Customer Survey for assigned properties.
- Coordinate the lease administration process by ensuring timely updates of any lease changes for assigned properties.
- Coordinate customer move-ins and move-outs process for assigned properties in a timely and coordinated manner including the preparation of commencement letters, orienting new customers to property management office staff, services and procedures, meeting and coordinating with vendors, arranging for building access, and ensuring compliance with insurance requirements.
- Follow established Company and legal requirements related to the default proceedings and eviction process.
- Conduct routine site inspections to ensure that the physical aspects of the properties meet established standards regarding the grounds, curb appeal, risk management/safety requirements (OSHA), cleanliness, and general appearance, and implement corrective measures as necessary.
- Solicit bids from contractors for work performed and award contracts after securing required approvals. Oversee contractors, vendors, and other service providers including proper documentation and monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- In conjunction with other departments, plan, schedule, and coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, and capital improvement projects.
- Bid, award and oversee customer improvements and building improvements.
- Act as a liaison between customer and construction management and participate in punch list walk-through and follow-up; coordinate finish selections.
- Partner with other departments to resolve property management issues.
- Provide direction and leadership to a team of 1-3 employees (maintenance technicians, administrative personnel). Develop and motivate staff to achieve goals and objectives. Ensure employees are provided necessary training and direction to achieve designated objectives.
- Assimilate and analyze information pertaining to market and economic conditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; or 5+ years of experience as a property manager; or a CPM or RPA designation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years property management experience required.
- Must have work experience industrial/commercial real estate, including supervisory background and very high customer service skills.
- Must be able to consistently maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide superior internal and external customer service; strong diplomacy and crisis diffusion skills.
- Must be able to multi-task; prioritize and work with minimal supervision, have strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills to ensure all established deadlines are met.
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication skills. Skilled in the use of the internet, spreadsheets, relational databases, and word processing software. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good mathematical and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of property management accounting software.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to multiple properties.
- As business dictates, able to work extended/flexible hours (e.g., nights/weekends/on-call).
- MRI software experience preferred
- Membership/activity in one or more professional real estate-based organizations preferred (BOMA, IREM, etc.).