Vice President, Indianapolis Region
Privately-held industrial real estate investment firm headquartered in Rosemont, IL seeks a regional Vice President to join our team in Indianapolis, IN. The Vice President will support the “value-add” investment strategy function of the firm focused on achieving outstanding risk-adjusted returns through acquiring, developing and operating industrial properties on a national platform. The firm’s portfolio spans over 30 states and encompasses approximately 45 million square feet. The VP will work directly with the Managing Principal of the Midwest Region and will manage this business region spanning Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Louisville.
The Vice President is responsible for sourcing, underwriting, and closing new acquisition and development opportunities to increase the firm’s overall portfolio. S/he will have access to the firm’s robust equity and debt relationships through both the Chief Investment Officer and Managing Director of Capital Markets for his/her acquisitions and developments. In addition, the VP will have access to the firm’s in-house accounting, legal, property management, due diligence, analyst, marketing, and asset management departments as part of the firm’s platform. The VP will also have asset management/leasing responsibility for existing properties in the region and those acquired and/or developed in the Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Louisville regions.
- Acquire and/or develop industrial real estate property within – primarily – the Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Louisville markets
- Source, analyze, structure, and evaluate potential transactions and build a robust deal pipeline
- Conduct market research and grow an industry network of brokers and owners to enhance the firm’s reputation in these markets and develop new leads on investment opportunities
- Assume full asset management/leasing responsibility for existing properties in the region and those acquired and/or developed in the Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Louisville regions
- 5+ years’ demonstrable experience in the industrial real estate sector
- Experience in industrial real estate development and acquisitions
- Intimate knowledge of the Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Louisville industrial real estate market
- Strong connections within the industrial brokerage communities across Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Louisville
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability to close deals effectively
- Financial modeling skills (with proficiency in Argus, Excel) a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly
Property Manager, Rosemont
Privately-held industrial real estate investment firm headquartered in Rosemont, IL seeks a Property Manager to join our team in Rosemont, IL. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners: Since 2010 our firm has acquired over $4 billion in industrial real estate. Our current portfolio spans 29 states and encompasses over 44 million square feet.
The Property Manager is responsible for the overall operation and financial success of assigned properties in the Chicago industrial market in accordance with company policies, procedures, and standards, ensuring that service delivery meets company performance and quality standards.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all customers and vendors. Be proactive and responsive to customer’s needs and requests.
- Responsible for the property revenues and expenses and use sound financial measures to ensure that the budget and financial goals are met.
- Ensure customers are current in receivables and lease responsibilities;
- Perform and/or monitor collections and coordinate default proceedings;
- Contact vendors and coordinate the completion of work when maintenance requests are received;
- Assist in the creation and implementation of operating and capital budgets.
- Establish and administer estimated/actual recoveries.
- Coordinate operating expense reconciliations with the accounting department; must be knowledgeable of lease provisions.
- Coordinate real estate tax review process for properties; communicate tax issues to senior management.
- Coordinate insurance requirements for properties and associated vendor/supplies.
- Coordinate AP/AR invoicing process for portfolio.
- Support Managing Principal in achieving occupancy goals by offering superior customer service and relationship management to achieve high tenant retention levels by ensuring vacancies/marketable spaces are up to Brennan Investment Group standards.
- Investigate all complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve the issues.
- Ensure compliance with property management policies and procedures, codes, regulations and governmental agency directives. Maintain compliance by ensuring all property records are maintained in accordance with all legal requirements and Company policies and/or practices.
- Coordinate environmental programs for assigned properties.
- Coordinate the annual Customer Survey for assigned properties.
- Coordinate the lease administration process by ensuring timely updates of any lease changes for assigned properties.
- Coordinate customer move-ins and move-outs process for assigned properties in a timely and coordinated manner including the preparation of commencement letters, orienting new customers to property management office staff, services and procedures, meeting and coordinating with vendors, arranging for building access, and ensuring compliance with insurance requirements.
- Follow established Company and legal requirements related to the default proceedings and eviction process.
- Conduct routine site inspections to ensure that the physical aspects of the properties meet established standards regarding the grounds, curb appeal, risk management/safety requirements (OSHA), cleanliness, and general appearance, and implement corrective measures as necessary.
- Solicit bids from contractors for work performed and award contracts after securing required approvals. Oversee contractors, vendors, and other service providers including proper documentation and monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- In conjunction with other departments, plan, schedule, and coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, and capital improvement projects.
- Bid, award and oversee customer improvements and building improvements.
- Act as a liaison between customer and construction management and participate in punch list walk-through and follow-up; coordinate finish selections.
- Partner with other departments to resolve property management issues.
- Provide direction and leadership to a team of 1-3 employees (maintenance technicians, administrative personnel). Develop and motivate staff to achieve goals and objectives. Ensure employees are provided necessary training and direction to achieve designated objectives.
- Assimilate and analyze information pertaining to market and economic conditions.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
- 3+ years property management experience preferred.
- CPM or RPA designation; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Must have work experience industrial/commercial real estate, including supervisory background and very high customer service skills.
- Must be able to consistently maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide superior internal and external customer service; strong diplomacy and crisis diffusion skills.
- Must be able to multi-task; prioritize and work with minimal supervision, have strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills to ensure all established deadlines are met.
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication skills. Skilled in the use of the internet, spreadsheets, relational databases, and word processing software. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good mathematical and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of property management accounting software.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to multiple properties.
- As business dictates, able to work extended/flexible hours (e.g., nights/weekends/on-call).
- MRI software experience preferred
- Membership/activity in one or more professional real estate-based organizations preferred (BOMA, IREM, etc.).