Senior Vice President, Carolinas Region
Privately-held industrial real estate investment firm headquartered in Rosemont, IL seeks an entrepreneurial-minded professional to identify and execute real estate investment opportunities in our business region spanning the North Carolina and South Carolina markets. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners: In both 2017 and 2018 the firm executed over $1B in transactions. This regional Senior Vice President will lead the “value-add” investment strategy for the Carolinas region of the firm, which achieves outstanding risk-adjusted returns through acquiring, developing and operating industrial properties on a national platform. The firm’s portfolio spans about 30 states and encompasses over 44 million square feet.
The Senior Vice President is responsible for sourcing, underwriting, and closing new acquisition and development opportunities to increase the firm’s overall portfolio. S/he will have access to the firm’s multiple capital methods for acquisitions and developments. The SVP will also have full property and asset management responsibility for properties acquired in the Carolinas region. Compensation includes equity, management fees, and deal fee participation in sourced transactions. The SVP will work closely with the firm’s Chief Investment Officer but will have full access to the firm’s operational organization including underwriting, analysis, legal, and marketing support.
- Acquire and/or develop industrial real estate property in North Carolina and South Carolina
- Analyze, structure, and evaluate potential transactions and build a deal pipeline
- Conduct market research and utilize industry network to develop new leads on investment opportunities
- Assume full property and asset management responsibility for properties acquired in NC and SC
- Minimum of ten years’ demonstrable business development experience in the industrial real estate sector
- Insider’s knowledge of the NC and SC markets
- Strong connections within the industrial brokerage communities spanning NC and SC
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability to close deals effectively and successfully
- Financial modeling skills (with proficiency in Argus, Excel) a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel
Property Maintenance Technician, Rosemont
Private real estate investment firm, headquartered in Rosemont, IL, seeks a full-time Property Maintenance Technician to join our expanding team in our Chicagoland region. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners: Since 2010, our firm has acquired over $4 billion in industrial real estate. Our current portfolio spans 29 states and encompasses over 44 million square feet, and our organization demonstrates a proven track record as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and vision for the future.
Under the general direction of the Property Manager, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for property maintenance operations in accordance with company policies and standards. The Maintenance Technician should possess knowledge and skills in commercial/industrial property maintenance while demonstrating a strong focus on excellent customer service. While emergency situations are infrequent, the individual must also be willing and available to respond to emergency calls 24/7.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all tenants and vendors.
- Perform general property maintenance of various buildings regularly and coordinate special projects as directed by the Property Manager.
- Respond to tenants’ needs and requests in a timely manner.
- Perform proactive/responsive maintenance as requested by tenant and property manager.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend maintenance operations.
- Perform scheduled property maintenance including (but not limited to) roof, structure, sidewalks, paving, landscaping as indicated in the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Monitor appearance and upkeep of properties on a continual basis. As appropriate, remove litter and debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps, and indoor spaces.
- Advise the property manager on the overall condition of the properties.
- Coordinate repairs, maintenance and site inspections in various locations.
- Collaborate with the property managers to complete capital repairs and maintenance. Provide oversight of capital improvements and adhere to a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Communicate with property managers regarding daily schedule, tenant issues, and condition of properties.
- Perform routine inspections on all vacant units and notify property managers of any issues.
- Assist in preparation of vacant units prior to customer occupancy.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines (e.g., OSHA, EPA). Report safety issues as needed.
- Ensure safe and proper storage of all supplies, chemicals, tools, and equipment. Ensure tools and equipment are in optimum condition.
- Assist in inspecting, monitoring and documenting all work being performed by outside contractors. Aid the property manager in the evaluation of all service contract requirements and the oversight of property maintenance contracts.
- Collaborate with Property Managers on the annual capital and operating budgets.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Minimum of three years in a skilled maintenance position in the commercial real estate industry.
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance.
- Knowledge of current occupational hazards, and an understanding of safety precautions, building codes and regulations applicable to the maintenance profession.
- Knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment necessary to perform building maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks on a daily basis. Ability to prioritize work assignments. Strong organizational skills for tracking work orders, parts orders, inventory and service/customer follow-up.
- Ability to carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and understand operating manuals and written instructions, blueprints, and technical materials.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with tenants, peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Requires a valid driver’s license, good driving record and the ability to travel to multiple properties.
- As business dictates, able to work extended/flexible hours (e.g., nights/weekends/on-call).
- Knowledge and experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, landscaping and heating/cooling systems preferred.
- Commercial HVAC service and diagnostic experience preferred.
- Knowledge of work-safety issues, regulations and programs, government and utility ordinances preferred.